TAYLORSVILLE YOUTH AMBASSADOR OVERVIEW
The City of Taylorsville will accept applications for the 2017-2018 "Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors" program beginning in August 2017. The following information describes the protocol for selecting Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors:
· A maximum of four (4) youth will be selected to be “Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors.”
· Ambassadors will serve for a period of one year, from October through August. Each Ambassador will serve until new Ambassadors are
selected. Each Ambassador can only serve one term.
· Ambassadors will be chosen by a selection panel made up of at least 4 members from the following: the Mayor, a member of the City
Council, the City Council Coordinator, a resident, a representative from a Taylorsville secondary school, and a member of a local service
· Duties will include participation in ribbon cuttings, ground-breakings, City ceremonies, Taylorsville Dayzz, service projects, and parades
(on the City float).
· Ambassadors will be provided with a blazer or vest with the City logo to identify them as Taylorsville youth representatives.
· Youth who successfully complete their year as Ambassadors will receive a scholarship to their university of choice or reimbursement for
school expenses such as housing and/or books.
Criteria for selection:
· Age 17-21 years of age
· Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· A Written platform for a community service project
· A minimum of one year’s participation as a member of the Taylorsville Youth Council
· A minimum of 75% participation in Youth Council meetings and City related activities
· A minimum of two letters of recommendation from your school, employer, neighbor, or ecclesiastical leader.
· Oral interview with selection panel
· Candidate must reside in Taylorsville
· A comprehensive list of previous extracurricular activities must be included with application
HOW DO I APPLY?
YOUTH AMBASSADOR applications will be available in August 2016 at:
Please note that the form has been provided in a downloadable Adobe PDF File format. In order to view and print this form, you must have Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If needed, you may download a free copy of Adobe Reader by clicking here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
For more information regarding the Taylorsville Ambassador program or application process, please contact our City Council Coordinator at (801) 955-2007