Taylorsville Justice Court Judge issues notices on court operations during COVID-19 outbreak
Taylorsville Justice Court Judge Michael Kwan has issued a series of orders and notices aimed at limiting the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The actions govern immediate and pending court operations and proceedings.
Among the specifications:
- Jury trials have been rescheduled to no earlier than June 1.
- Hearings will be conducted through remote transmission, by telephone or video conferencing.
- Traffic cases, excluding DUI or reckless driving charges, will be rescheduled to no earlier than Oct. 1.
- Domestic violence cases will still be heard on the next available calendar, although conducted remotely.
- Small claims hearings will be rescheduled to no earlier than June 1.
- In keeping with gathering restrictions, no more than 10 people are allowed to be in the courtroom at a time.
- Payment of fines and fees is secondary in importance to preventing the spread of the virus.