Be Sure to Follow Fireworks Laws in Celebrating the Summer Holidays
See Where Fireworks are Allowed and Restricted
Generally, discharge is prohibited within 200 feet of waterways, trails, canyons, washes, ravines or similar areas such as designated wildland interface areas. Accordingly, the map shows fireworks are prohibited along the length of the Jordan River.
Sales of legal fireworks are allowed:
- Beginning on June 24 and ending on July 25.
- The day before, day of, and two days after July 4 and July 24.
Hours of discharge:
- 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- July 4 and July 24 - discharge allowed until midnight.
Penalties: Persons are guilty of an infraction (up to $1,000 fine) if:
- Discharge of fireworks outside of legal dates.
- Discharge of fireworks in an area where fireworks are prohibited.
Have fun and stay safe!