Update in Procedures Due to Coronavirus
The City of Taylorsville’s Building Department is committed to providing the same level of service as in the past. However, in order to comply with current social-distancing measures and limit potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus, we will temporarily be revising a few of our policies. Please bear with us as we do our best to adapt to ever-changing conditions while still providing the service you need. Revisions are as follow:
- All applicants are encouraged to contact us by phone or e-mail whenever possible.
- Hot water heater and furnace inspections will either be postponed or,
- Hot water heater and furnace inspections may be recorded and sent to the inspector for verification. Please see requirement sheet B-13 for more details.
- Applicants requesting other inspections in their homes are asked to keep family members away during the inspection and maintain social distancing.
- Applicants requesting inspections on job sites are encouraged to schedule them on days when the site is empty or has as few workers as possible. Contractors do not need to be on site for inspections, but do need to have the approved plans and inspection history on site.
- Plan review and permitting will continue as normal via our online service, and payments can be made over the phone, on our website or by mail.
- As always, please call with any questions or issues you may have.
The State of Utah has adopted and amended the following codes for use throughout the state:
2108 I.B.C., 2015 I.R.C., 2018 I.P.C., 2018 I.M.C., 2018 I.F.G.C., 2018 I.E.C.C., 2017 N.E.C.
To find the Utah amendments to the adopted codes: DOPL website link
Please use the following design criteria for structures in Taylorsville:
Seismic Design: D2, Ground Snow Load: 28 P.S.F., Wind Speed: 115 M.P.H. ex. B
While we may be able to finish faster, expect at most 10 business days for plan review. Re-submitting plans will reset the review time.