The Youth Council program was created by the City of Taylorsville's elected officials to provide an opportunity for young people to learn about and participate in local government. Youth Council members organize and take part in community events and service projects in the area.
- 9th-12th grade students who reside in or attend school within Taylorsville City limits or attend school in Taylorsville
- 3.0 GPA (minimum)
- Citizenship in good standing
- Two letters of recommendation; one letter must be from applicant's school
What are some of the programs scheduled for this year?
- Actively participate in City Youth Council meetings
- Attend City Council meetings
- Opportunity to mentor with elected and appointed City counterparts (City Council members, City staff members, etc.)
- Youth Day at the Legislature - learning about the Utah State Legislature and how to be involved
- Service projects
- Leadership Conference at Utah State University
- Other community activities
How do I apply?
You may download the application from the link listed below, or pick up an application at Taylorsville City Hall: Youth Council Application
City of Taylorsville
City Council Coordinator's Office Room #109
2600 West Taylorsville Boulevard (5325 South)
Taylorville, Utah 84129