Youth Ambassador Selection Protocol
- A maximum of four (4) youth will be selected to be “Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors.”
- Ambassadors will serve for a period of one year, from October through August. Each Ambassador will serve until new Ambassadors are selected. Each Ambassador can only serve one term.
- Ambassadors will be chosen by a selection panel made up of at least 4 members from the following: the Mayor, a member of the City Council, the City Council Coordinator, a resident, a representative from a Taylorsville secondary school, and a member of a local service organization.
- Duties will include participation in ribbon cuttings, ground-breakings, City ceremonies, Taylorsville Dayzz, service projects, and parades (on the City float).
- Ambassadors will be provided with a blazer or vest with the City logo to identify them as Taylorsville youth representatives.
- Youth who successfully complete their year as Ambassadors will receive a scholarship to their university of choice or reimbursement for school expenses such as housing and/or books.
Criteria for Selection
- Age 17-21 years of age
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- A Written platform for a community service project
- A minimum of one year’s participation as a member of the Taylorsville Youth Council
- A minimum of 75% participation in Youth Council meetings and City related activities
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from your school, employer, neighbor, or ecclesiastical leader.
- Oral interview with selection panel
- Candidate must reside in Taylorsville
- A comprehensive list of previous extracurricular activities must be included with application
How Do I Apply?
Submit a Youth Ambassador Application to:
City of Taylorsville
City Council Coordinator's Office Room #109 (First floor, west wing)
2600 West Taylorsville Boulevard (5325 South)
Taylorville, Utah 84129
For more information regarding the Taylorsville Ambassador program or application process, please contact our City Council Coordinator at (801) 955-2007.