In the City of Taylorsville, all dogs, cats, ferrets, and pot-bellied pigs four months of age or older, must be licensed every year. Taylorsville allows no more than two dogs and two cats per household, and a total of four household animals per residence (dogs, cats, ferrets, pot-bellied pigs, chickens, rabbits). Please contact our office with any questions.
If you live in Taylorsville, you may license your pets at the City of Taylorsville City Hall, West Valley Animal Shelter, or West Valley City Hall.
Listed owners must be 18 years old or older. When licensing, you must provide a copy of the most recent rabies vaccination verification, and the sterilization certificate if your pet is spayed or neutered.
LICENSING FEES FOR TAYLORSVILLE RESIDENTS
Dogs, cats, Ferrets (required to be license annually, unless noted):
- Sterilized - $5
- Sterilized Senior License (over 60 years of age) - $15 one-time lifetime fee
- Unsterilized - $25
- Unsterilized Senior License (over 60 years of age) - $15
Taylorsville Park Permit Fees:
- Nonresidents - $25
- Senior Citizens (residents and nonresidents) - $10 lifetime fee
- Taylorsville Residents - $10
HOW TO LICENSE A PET AND RENEW CURRENT LICENSES
You may come to Taylorsville City Hall 2600 W. Taylorsville Blvd - 2nd floor reception area
- Click on the paw button below and fill out the form.
- You must mail or attach a copy of the most recent rabies vaccination certificate, and the sterilization certificate if your pet is spayed or neutered.
- When all paperwork has been received and the fees have been paid, our license and receipts will be mailed to you.
We cannot give refunds if you purchase the wrong license. If paperwork is not received within 30 days, your license will expire, and you will need to restart the licensing process including the licensing fee.
West Valley City Animal Services is proud to operate a no-kill animal shelter!